- Assist to maintaining proper inventories of silver, glassware and all supplies.
- Maintain all the inventory and record keeping for all dinnerware, flatware and glassware.
- Controlled stock and Inventory all assets within custodian.
- Supervised stewards in maintenance of sanitary kitchen and kitchen equipment in accordance with health department standards and performed related inspections.
- Mastered knowledge of chemical solutions and kitchen equipment.
- Administered operations and cleanliness of kitchen equipment and appliances, and maintained the integrity of the kitchen machines and appliances.
- Responsible for all kitchen equipment cleanliness and all kitchen areas daily.
- Performed general maintenance on the facility
- Communicate with all departments to ensure customer service needs are met and maintain profitability of outlets to support overall hotel operation
- Coach staff on the proper cleaning techniques, company standards and procedures.
- Monitored and maintained cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas in accordance to health department and company standards
- Oversee maintenance and upkeep of all storage areas
- Physical Requirements:
- The typical shift is spent standing and walking for the majority of time
- Push, pull, reach, bend, twist, and stoop; grasp, turn, and manipulate objects
- Move, lift, or carry objects
- Previous experience in a Stewarding department preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- High School or diploma or equivalent.; additional qualifications will be a plus
- Certification in food safety / basic food hygiene is preferred