- Assisting and advising customers who may be choosing from a variety of travel options
- Checking the availability of accommodation on the customers’ desired travel dates
- Processing payments and sending confirmation details to customers.
- Sorting out any issues that may arise with bookings or reservations.
- Answering any questions customers might have about the reservation process
- Providing support to customers who may need to amend or cancel a reservation.
- Ensure that communication between Reservations Department and others is clear, concise and relevant, and appropriate information is conveyed to relevant departments in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures, and standards.
- To carry out administration task related to bookings with a high level of attention to details.
- Maintain established filling system for all correspondence and collate reports as required by the Reservations Manager.
- To assist Manager in maintaining quality control on blocks, doubtful or duplicate reservations, and release rooms in accordance with Hotel policy to ensure accurate availability at all times.
- Ensure that guest history is maintained and updated regularly and that the information is accurate, complete and recorded in the Property Management System and Internet Booking Engine.
- Assist in emergency situations as a central communication centre for a hotel.
- All other duties as required
- Experience with a hospitality background preferred.; Front Office, Sales
- Excellent phone etiquette and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer proficiency and email communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail and the ability to resolve customer issues
- Customer-service experience.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Flexible working hours.
- High School or diploma or equivalent.; additional qualifications will be a plus