- Work according to the menu specifications by the Head Chef
- Control food stock and food cost in his section
- Monitor stock movement and be responsible for ordering on your section to ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
- Ensure knowledge of the product is maintained and communicated to all relevant
- Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks
- To be responsible for completing your mise-en-place
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Collaborating with the rest of the culinary team to ensure high-quality food and service.
- Keeping your area of the kitchen safe and sanitary.
- Assisting in other areas of the kitchen when required
- In-depth knowledge of food principles and best practices.
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Knowledge of best practices for safety and sanitation
- Passion for delivering great food and service
- Multitasking and organizational ability
- Available to work on-call, shifts, after hours, over weekends, and on holidays.
Diploma or Degree in Culinary or relevant field.